Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Reverse light are not working need new switch and where is

Customer Question

reverse light are not working need new switch and where is it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Brandon. What year and model is your vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nissan primera 1991 model e-hp10
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I'm in the USA and we don't have that that vehicle information. Do not rate me. I will opt out and other mechanic will be able to help you .
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to try to assist you with this. This model is like a Infiniti G20 hear in the US, so I can assist you with this. First thing I would like to know is if you checked for power at the reverse lights to see if you have power there? It's common where one reverse light would go out, and be out for some time and you never know it cause your not in the back of the car to see. When the other goes out, you notice it at night cause you can't see anything. So it's most commonly simply a bulb issue. But I will assist you with this till we verify the cause. So let me know if you checked for power at the reverse lights.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check all that out all ok. it got to be something in the safety switch at gear lever auto
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The Reverse switch on your year is part of the inhibitor switch. There should be two plugs to that switch on the transmission. It is also known as the park / neutral switch. Do you know where that is located on your car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i do know where it is and replace it and it mayed no different so what next,some
thing on gear lever I gress?