Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Nissan sentra: 2001 nissan sentra 1.8L code p0174,car rpm drops

Customer Question

2001 nissan sentra 1.8L code p0174,car rpm drops and rough idles but recovers to normal idle replaced maf with after market one problem still exist
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! The reason you most likely have the same issue is cause after market MAF sensors never work right. If you do get one that meters air properly, it flat lines 02 sensors and has you thinking it's something else and it costs you more money. You need to get a MAF sensor from the dealer. When it comes to electrical parts, you always want to stick with the dealer. The rpms dropping to a ruff idle, then it recovering is the computer trying to auto correct the lean condition. Do you have a K&N air filter or cold air intake on the car?