Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Randy, Please tell me what the proper initial torque spec

Customer Question

Randy, Please tell me what the proper initial torque spec for the Pinion Nut 2006 Nissan Titan. Will I need A torque multplier to set the pinion nut there by checking for the 43 inch pound final check. Or is the spec 200 to 300 lbs. I am using a new crush
sleeve. thanks in advance.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
what pinion are you asking about front back transfer ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rear differential m226 dana 44 for 2006 nissan titan*****
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
my system just shut down to update as soon as it is done i will get the info for you thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a reply last nite you answered that your system had shut down. I am sending the info again. 2006 nissan titan rear differential dana 44 M226*****requesting torque spec. for the Pinion Nut. Is it 200 to 500 Ft Lbs? Will I need a Torque Multiplier in order to tighten this nut in order to reach the rotating torque of 43 Inch Pounds. I hope this makes it to you. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is***** am a different expert and noticed the first expert has not replied to you in some time with your answer. The answer to your question is "220 to 500 Ft Llbs" is the Pinion torque for the rear diff. Sorry for the delay from the first expert. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get rated for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ihad also ask in my first ASK that since I am using a new nut and crush sleeve will a TORQUE MULTIPLIER HELP ME REACH THE DESIRED TORQUE. or a 5 foot? cheater pipe. I donot have a 3/4 inch impact wrench.. Thanks in advance.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
What are you using to torque the nut?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still trying to find out about using a torque multiplier enstead of try to pull that much with a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar and cheater pipe I have ask this prior, I am also installing a new crush sleeve. Yhanks in advance.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I use a 1/2 inch torque wrench. I have no used a Torque Multiplier. I gave you the torque spec to what you need to torque the nut down. What else can I do for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The torque spec is what I need. But the tightening of thr pinion nut remains a problem. Can i obtain the desired torque with a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar. My 1/2 inch drive impact wrench will not do the job. this why I was asking about the torque multiplier.Please review my entire message starting yesterday [ncase I have misled you guys, thank You inadvance.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
You need to use a 1/2 inch torque wrench to apply the desired torque spec. A Torque multiplier can put it to the desired torque but you have no way of knowing with out the proper spec. A torque wrench will let you know when you have reached the proper torque spec cause you have set it ahead of time. Once you hit the spec torque, the wrench will click or vibrate depending on the type of torque wrench you have.