Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

Sentra: Roy, I just replaced the fuel pump on my 1982 Nissan

Customer Question

Hi Roy, I just replaced the fuel pump on my 1982 Nissan Sentra thinking it was my problem but I'm still not getting fuel to the carberator. What do you think I should check?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd next replace the fuel filter as its possibly clogged and so preventing the flow of fuel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already did. There's fuel getting to the filter because I can see it but it's not going past that point and all the lines are new and free from abstraction.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello in that case I'd try loosening off the fuel tank cap as its possibly the the 1 way valve in the cap hich is clogged and so creating a vacuum