Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

Altima: my speedometer does not move when iam driving i change

Customer Question

my speedometer does not move when iam driving i change the speed sensor but the sensor check light comes back
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i notice the speedometer not moving i alse a chech engine light code p0500 i change the vehicle speed sensor but the check engine light comes back with the same code and the clock still dont work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
The code P0500 is in most cases set due to a failing VSS and or the circuit to it, since you have replaced the sensor then you are likely dealing with a connection and or wiring concern. In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below to do so. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0500%20Jul%2024.pdf