Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Maxima: My car was taken tune up, the did something in

Customer Question

My car was taken for a tune up, the did something in the intake ,since the car motor is weak and feels shaking,2 hrs ago try to start it and it didn't, what can it be ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! They changed the spark plugs correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I would call the repair shop and ask what brand spark plugs they installed. The intake is removed to replace spark plugs. These engines were designed to use NGK spark plugs. They don't like any other brand spark plugs. Especially Bosch. Bosch plugs can certainly cause this as well as any other brand spark plug. So I would find out what brand spark plugs they used. Did it run smooth at all after the tune up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
if it didn't run smooth, they should have never allowed you to pic up the car. They did something either wrong, or the brand spark plugs they used is causing the issue. Do you have any more questions on this?