Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I just put in a re-manufactured cylinder head on my 2.5L 2002

Customer Question

I just put in a re-manufactured cylinder head on my 2.5L 2002 nissan Altima and after putting it back together and trying to crank it up - the crank is turning over but not starting the engine and I noticed blowback thru the upper intake manifold?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received an answer!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT OF ANY HELP - NO ONE IS GETTING BACK TO ME!!! JUST CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION THEN AND DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD ENDING IN 7438 PERIOD!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ONCE AGAIN I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE NO AUTHORIZATION TO CHARGE MY CARD
ANY MONIES! I ASKED A QUESTION WHICH YOU DID NOT RESPOND TO SO DO NOT CHARGE ME ONE
DIME OK? IN-FACT JUST CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE THIS DOES NOT HELP ME AT ALL!!!
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answers . my name is ***** ***** i am here to help you solve this problem. if you have blow back comming out of the intake is because the timing may be of by a couple of degree, doing a compression test on the cylinders will verify this ...do you have a compression tester?
this means the intake valves are opening as the pistons are comming up on compression.