Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Xterra: Hey Roy my 2002 xterra.3.3 is not getting fire .how

Customer Question

Hey Roy my 2002 xterra.3.3 is not getting fire .how do l know if the ECU is the problem
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Do you happen to know if you have any codes? Also if you pop off the distributor cap and turn the engine over, does the rotor turn? Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I would offer additional Service but it's 12 am. I can offer it to you tomorrow and speak to you more about this issue if you like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well jay the rotor is not turning.so what does that mean exactly
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
That means you have a broken timing belt I am afraid. So you will need to put a timing belt on the engine and then determine if there is any valve damage. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me so I can get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I gave you additional service if you care to speak with me directly more about your issue. Other wise if you want to continue in the question, we can do that as well. Thanks Jay
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any more questions on this?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.