Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Morono: I'm Ray I have 2004 Nissan murono they say it jumped

Customer Question

Hi I'm Ray I have 2004 Nissan murono they say it jumped time do u have to pull the motor to put a new timing chain
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! No you don't need to pull the engine to do the timing chains. I remove the right side engine mount and jack up the motor with a block of wood under the upper oil pan once I have removed the lower oil pan and the front timing cover bolts from under the low oil pan area. The Bank 2 side is a little tight, you may want to get a chain vise grip to help move sprockets if they jump on you. Are you planning on doing this yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A garbage doing it they told me they had to pull motor that's good take 11 hours I totally didn't have to pull a motor and you're here with me it all started the career on the rough and I thought maybe the Cadillac converter was plugged and they said the mass of air flow need to be changed change that custard Idol doing it they told me the edible more to take 11 hours I totally didn't have to pull a motor are you winning it all started the car off and I thought maybe calico number was plugged s in a send a mass air flow needed to change change that stir title but the catalic coveter turn cherry myself I think there was gas in the catalytic converter and it was burning it out that's why I turn cherry red the car still running rough they should a timing belt jumped
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
You don't have a Timing belt, you have a timing chain. If you mechanical timing has jumped, that is around a 10 hour job. The engine does not need to be removed like I said. Are you getting codes? What is the car doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't remember what he said the code was .he said they narrowed it down to timing chain jump I never heard the chain tic like it was lose I heard a lose chain on u to
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I would need to know what codes you have to really determine if there could be something with the timing chains. Do you think you can get me the codes tomorrow if you can't get them for me tonight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get u codes tomorrow morning anything else u need while I am talking to them if think of anything else let me know the bose stereo scews up do u know anything about that I think there was s recall on that
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I am limited to one topic per question. But there is no recalls on the radio. I will not be online tomorrow morning. I am normally online around 6 or 7 pm EST and online till 10 or 11 pm. We can continue then