Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

XTerra: My Xterra 2004 is Trowing tha gas out when I try to

Customer Question

My Xterra 2004 is Trowing tha gas out when I try to fill it up
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! This is most commonly caused by the Vent Control Valve. The Vent Control valve vents the fuel system. If stuck closed, it won't vent which will make filling up at the pump hard to do. The Vent Control valve could also be the reason for the Service Engine Soon light, or it be a Evap code. So you are going to want to have the vent control valve checked along with the evap system to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!