Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Frontier: Bought new remote cover, door locks have not worked

Customer Question

Bought new remote cover, door locks have not worked after that. How can I crank without remote?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi, what do you mean crank without remote ???
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
did you remove the battery from the remote at any time ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The alarm went off, starter did not engage. Was able to reinstall battery in remote pushed unlock and held, truck beeped several times then I was able to crank engine. Is remote reset to operate properly? I will not shut down truck until I am home tonight. How do I program another remote as a backup?
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
to program a remote get in the car close and lock all doors using the inside button on the driver door the insert the key and remove then reinsert 6 or more times you will see the hazard light flash when this happen turn the key on do not start the engine then press any button on the remote the light will flash again turn the key off remove the key then unlock and open driver door close door the remote should be program at this point let me know if you have any more questions
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
and please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.