Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Titan: 2004 Nissan Titan hesitating and RPMs go down. Truck

Customer Question

2004 Nissan Titan hesitating and RPMs go down. Truck lurches and speed drops. Only happens after long trips. Other blogs suggest fuel pump, fuel sending unit, charcoal canister, or maybe fuel injectors. Stranded in Oklahoma City, going to Nissan Dealership in the morning.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
I would be more in agreement with a fuel pump I have seen similar problems when the fuel pump is going out it starts to loose pressure and that's where it starts to run poorly, they always seem to idle okay though, the best way to catch the problem is to connect a pressure gage to the fuel system that can be seen while driving and watch the pressure drop when the problem happens, the pressure should stay at about 51 psi at all times, taking it to the dealer is a good idea if there is something else causing it they would be the best place to find the problem, it can be very difficult if it only happens on a long trip
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Was the dealer able to diagnose and repair the problem on your truck?