Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Hardbody 4x4 3.3 V6: I'm Danie. I have a Nissan Harbody

Customer Question

Hi I'm Danie. I have a Nissan Harbody 3.3 V6 AT box. Yesterday my truck was ok. This morning, when I pull away it select normal, till it start changing gears. It like it skip a gear, and then it's stays there in that gear. It feels like top gear. When I push the excelarator it does not change to lower gears, until I stop and pull away again. What can it be
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello Danie, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your Question. This is normally caused by a internal issue in the transmission. The gears in the transmission are applied when the trans pump builds up fluid pressure for that gear. If a seal is bad, that gear will not build pressure and the fluid may leak into the next gear building pressure in that gear. Which would be a higher gear. To correct this the transmission will need to be removed and opened up and rebuilt. You don't just take a transmission out and apart to replace one small thing. If your going as far as to remove it, you don't want to remove it again so you would go through the whole transmission to avoid any future issues. A Transmission shop would be best for this type of issue. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jay. Ok I do understand you explanation, but way if I do the section manually the gears shift 100%, and it shifts up fine, but down, nothing.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It's a different solenoid that operates the automatic part. So it could be something in the valve body. A trans shop would do a complete test on the transmission to determine exact course of action. Maybe it's just something in the valve body then. When you select manually, you are manually operating the valves which direct the fluid pressure to each gear. So it could simply be a sticking valve Let me know if you have any more questions on this. Thanks Jay!