Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Sentra: I just replaced battery on intellikey Nissan

Customer Question

I just replaced battery on intellikey for my Nissan Sentra. It's not working. I returned the original key. it's not working. I don't see anything that I did wrong. the + is on the correct side. the car is not detecting the key fob because I can't even lock/unlock the doors. what can I do next?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi was the fob workign before you replaced the battery ?? also is the flat side of the battery facing down in the remote ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It was working just before battery replacement. And the flat side is facing the bottom
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
ok i have seen the batteries for the remote come out of the box dead dead dead so you will need to go and get some more batteries b ut not from the same store replace again and let me know what happens