Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Maxima: Hey Jay I have an 2000 Nissan maxima. I went and took

Customer Question

Hey Jay I have an 2000 Nissan maxima. I went and took the ecm out to see if it was fry. But I accidentally start the car with it out. Now the car won't start, why? And how can I fix it. Thanks
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So after realizing I was starting the car with the ecm out, I went ahead and put it back in. Now my immobilizer light stay red when the key is in its on position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Sometimes you can clear the key programming by doing what you did. But we can certainly see if we can get the car going. Try the steps in this link below and see if this works https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Lock%20Mode.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Jay so I got the car working but now I have a secondary problems. I receive an p0505 and p0400 code. I know one is for the IAC which has been replace. My car start fine but it has an high idle in park and neutral. When it is in drive the car work fine. Could the egr vavle from the p0400 cause the high idle. Sometime the idle flunctate between 1000-1500 rpm
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Yikes! P0505.. That is a known issue when these cars get older.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLK48DtDM1g
If you watch this video, I talk all about it and what you will need to do to resolve your issue.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!