Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Maxima: I have an 04 maxima and the stereo wont turn back on

Customer Question

I have an 04 maxima and the stereo wont turn back on unless I leave the key in the run position and pull the audio fuse and put it back in then the stereo works until I turn the car off
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi, seen this a few timse the problem is inside the radio unit so you will have to replace the radio to fix this
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
you can just remove the radio and take it to the nissan dealer they have an exchange program to make the radio cheaper
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you have any more questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thought so also the ac turns on the compressor seems to work I can hear a hissing sound under the dash like the phreon moving through the evaporator but it won't blow cold I changed the cabin air filter and there was a lot of debris on it
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
the sound is a indication of air in the a/c system you need to get the system evac and recharge this should fix the problem