Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Murano: Is there a way I can unclog my Cadillac converter

Customer Question

Is there a way I can unclog my Cadillac converter Without going to a shop and having then replace the untrie part?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
It is illegal for a shop to just bust out the material in a catalytic converter the penalty for doing a modification like that is severe and a shop can loose its business for doing it. If the cat you talking of is the one that is part of the head pipe and its clogged the material that is clogging it is probably one of the other cats on the bottom of the exhaust manifolds, and in that case you will need to replace those cats as well. If the cat in the head pipe is clogged trying to dump out the material in it by taking the head pipe off and dumping it out the front tubes would get a lot out but there would probably still be quite a bit lodged in the honey comb of the cat that would cause a loss of performance