Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Nissan exterra: 2001 Nissan xterra . after oil change from

Customer Question

2001 Nissan xterra . after oil change from snappy lube the engine idle is rough and surges in park at idle . tachometer jumping up and down erratic . no problems before oil change
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, the check engine light blinks with the erratic movement of the tachometer
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok,This is where I would start with this. First, make sure the truck is not overfilled with oil. Check and make sure the air filter box lid is on as it should be and tight. If you have a leak from them checking the air filter it will cause this.Next, inspect the spark plug wires and make sure they are all tight on the distributor cap. If one got bumped off, then it would cause this as well.Please take a look at this and let me know.Thanks