Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Altima: I have a 2003 Nissan Altima, it cranks over stumbles

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Nissan Altima, it cranks over stumbles but won't fire. Replaced plugs, cam and crank sensor. What am I missing?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Did you replace the Cam and Crank Sensor cause you had codes for them? Where did you buy the sensors and what brand spark plugs did you install? Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ngk plugs, beck arnley cam sensor and nissian crank sensor. Had a code for cam sensor and after doing some reading replaced crank sensor
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
NGK plugs Good!... Cam Sensor... Bad... Crank Sensor .... Good! When it comes to electrical parts, after market ones don't work. You need to get sensors from the dealer. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Cam%20Sensor%20OEM.jpg If the sensors don't have this mark on them, they are not OEM and they don't work right. So let me know how you make out if the sensors are not OEM and you replace them. Let me know...