Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

4x4 hardbody: 97 Nissan truck 2.4 . Replaced the distributor.

Customer Question

97 Nissan truck 2.4 . Replaced the distributor. It started / ran fine for 30 seconds, died & now won't start , just turns over
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure (34 to 38 PSI). If you can check each one of these for me and post back with which one you are lacking I will try and help you get this problem resolved .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's getting fuel & spark , it wouldn't have started after replacing distributor without those
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay if you have fuel with proper pressure and good spark then the next thing would be to check and see if you have injector pulse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind, im not going through all of your check off list - item by item to find problem when it's obviously something to do with the distributor that I installed
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear you got it resolved. Thank you just the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course this was no help at all . Can't believe I paid for this.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
ANy money you have paid remains in your account, you are not charged unless you rate the service.