Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Maxima: I question the Windshield SunShade size that was sent

Customer Question

I question the Windshield SunShade size that was sent to me via an online purchase from Hammacher Schlemmer. Yes, the Maxima was redesigned in 1995. But did they even change the windshield size? The box detail reads that a match for a 1995 model is a 25" Shade. They sent me a 23" size Shade because my Maxima is a 1989 automobile. Any thoughts on this? (Other than my brother-in-law who thinks I'm stupid for spending any money on an old car.) (And yes, it only is a tad past 100,000 miles after 26 years). --Catherine in Washington state
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! If you got a Shade for a 89, that is a totally different body style than your 95 and will not work. I am afraid you will need to get the proper shade. You want to use years 95 to 99. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for responding Jay. Please reread my question which indicates that my vehicle is an '89. The initial ordering online process only gave me the option of providing the vehicle Make/Model/Year details. SunShade made the decision as to what size SunShade to provide. My vehicle is a 1989 Maxima and SunShade sent me a 23" Windshield Screen. So when I received the item, the box provided the entire list of possibilities. When I took the item to my auto, I think that it is two inches too short. That is why I am asking you when Nissan redesigned the Maxima in 1995 did they also redesign the windshield? Do you have 1989 Maxima windshield measurements?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The whole car is redesigned for 1995. I do not have measurements for the windshield. I can say with 100% certain, that a 89 and 95 are different. I did read your question the first time. Do you have a link to where you ordered the sunshade?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just placed a follow-up phone call with Hammacher Schlemmer (where I placed my order) because I hadn't heard from them since last Saturday when I questioned the size. Turns out that they are sending me a 25" version and I will decide for myself which one to keep and which one to return. From the box I learned that Dash Designs was actually the supplier (and they have a website, too), but there was no option there to ask my 23" Vs. 25" size question. That's why I was doing homework in hopes that Nissan could provide a definitive answer. Again, thanks for your help, but I will decide for myself which one to keep and which one to return.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com
Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service
Thanks Jay!