Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

G37: 2008 g37 won't start. Replaced car and key fob battery.

Customer Question

2008 g37 won't start. Replaced car and key fob battery. Intelligent Key Warning Light is on but the key fob can lock/unlock door.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Can you tell me if your steering wheel is locked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so, it moves a little
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, not locked, just checked
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.. Your Steering lock control unit is bad. Watch this video on how to get your car started and what needs to be replaced. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well here is the bottom of my car, looks slightly different than the video. I think the control until is the grey box thing with a black cord coming out. am I right? I tried tapping on it with a hammer while starting the car and it didn't work
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Did you try jump starting the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a brand new battery today, I don't think that is it
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If it's a new battery, it has to be that steering lock control unit. It sounds like it's acting exactly as the one in the video I made. Does it seem to be doing the same?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, but it looks different (see posted picture), and I don't think the hammer thing is working
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, what you took a picture of is the steering lock control unit. Using the hammer works most of the time but not all. So it sounds like you need that steering lock control unit to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/2a.jpg
That is where the steering lock control unit is located.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have
provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!