Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2007 Sentra , ac has freeon, when I was checking the ac pressure

Customer Question

2007 Sentra , ac has freeon, when I was checking the ac pressure with the machine the low side press would be at 30 blowing cold then when I adjusted the blower speed the pressure would go up blowing warm air? I could see the clutch on the compressor switching on and off, now it just blows warm
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! It sounds to me like the freon level in the AC system is just a little to low. As the system operates under higher Rpm, the pressure should go up, but it drops a little below the spec pressure range so the Ac pressure sensor cuts off the AC compressor. When the compressor turns on and off like that, it's just at that sweet spot where the pressure sensors see's the correct pressure when it's off, but when it cycles it drops, then turns it on. So the AC system will need to simply be evacuated and recharged to the proper freon level to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the charge weight 1.21lbs?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The system takes 1.10 lbs of freon Plus or Minus .11
You put it to the max level, so if you put 1.21 in the system, you need to take a little out. The system is then over charged.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will double check when I get a chance
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
You got it. Let me know how you make out.
Thanks Jay!