AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL PERFORMANCE. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I got a 2000 nissan sentra, the other day wend i parked it

Customer Question

i got a 2000 nissan sentra, the other day wend i parked it in my house and try to turn it on again it never did..
i brought a new battery and replaced it and wend i try to turn it on it makes a click sound. i then jumped start it and it work. i took it for a ride for 10 min and wend i turn it off again it once again didnt want to turn back on. wend i tired it did the click sound again.
i jumped started it again and remove the negative to see if its the alternator but it stayed on.
what can this be.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! Thank you for requesting me! Can I start by getting your VIN number? Was the starter motor replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2000NISSAN SNTRXE/GXE 3 N1CB51D6YL318647and no i have not replaced the Starter motor
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. It really sounds to me like you have a bad connection at or after the battery or simply a bad starter motor.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my offer and call me so we can chat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But if its the Starter motor then why does the car turn on wend i jump start it
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Can you send over the request again for a phone call?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
I think the site is having some issues. I want to speak with you over the phone
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my offer and call me now
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
I don't think the starter motor is bad. I think you have a bad connection at or after the battery or the new battery is bad. I have seen bad batteries right off of the shelf. Check the battery voltage. It should be 12 volts and stay above 9.6 volts when turning the key to the crank position.