Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

LE: I have a 2003 Pathfinder.. headlights did not work... fuses

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Pathfinder.. headlights did not work... fuses are ok, so i replaced the 2 relays and the steering column swith. I have high beam but no low beam. bulbs are ok and all other lights work...
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Do you still need assistance with this?Do you have a test light or volt meter so we can do some testing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do ... did not want to sign up for a regularly monthly plan as I do not need help that often. i do not mind paying a "one time " fee for your response. I am not anywhere near the vehicle right now
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you do not have to accept the monthly plan, you can bypass that and we can work this out. I want to be clear that you are in Canada and your truck does have daytime running lights, is this correct?Here in the US we don't have the DRL on this model, but I do have the wiring diagram for the Canadian model which includes the module.I want to make sure I am using the proper diagram so please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am in Canada and there is a DRL module. currently one light is dimmer than the other when they are on. that is the only item I have not replaced because of cost...There is a wire from one headlight wire going over to the other headlight wires so Im thinking there was an issue before but the lights worked fine before until I changed bulbs...
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I see, what number bulb did you use on the truck please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the stock bulbs in it now , tested and working..
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok my friend, the truck takes a 9003 bulb, at least that is what I am showing. The fact that you had one dim leads me to believe the issue is with the bulbs. I would double check the numbers on the ones you have installed that caused the issue.Please let me know what you think and we will take it from there.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.