Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Murano: 2005 Murano power locks randomly quit working when

Customer Question

2005 Murano power locks randomly quit working when exterior temperature exceeds 85. Applies to all 4 doors and hatch.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
This effects all switches, including the remotes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Remotes and interior buttons are all affected. Only happens when it's warm outside, 80+. Randomly affects all doors including hatch. Cannot consistently lock or unlock all doors. You can hear the locking mechanisms work but they don't actually lock/unlock the doors. When hitting lock from remote, if drivers door lock does not engage and you pull the handle to check and see if it's locked then the alarm sounds. It's impossible to use the hatch because it almost never unlocks and there's no easy way to manually unlock.
Use the link below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/muranoocks.pdfWe need to access any door, to get to the lock actuator wiring. Test with a volt meter across the lock motor wires. When working you should see battery voltage when lock or unlock is commanded. Now let it get hot then do it again. If you get the same reading but no movement, then the lock actuators are bad, yes that can occur to every one. If the voltage is weak then the BCM is faulty. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris