Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Murano: My keyless remote did not work this am so I used the

Customer Question

My keyless remote did not work this am so I used the key to manually unlock the door. After inserting the remote in the dash, nothing happened when pressing the brake with the start button. I didn't hear any "click" sound to suggest battery issues. Your thoughts? Thanks.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Does the head lights work? Any signs of electrical power? It sounds like maybe the battery could be dead.
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing came on which suggests a power issue. I haven't tried to jump start the battery yet.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I would hook up the jumper cables and don't step on the brake pedal and hit the start button two times to see if the ignition comes on. If it does, you know it's a dead battery. Then hit the start button one time to turn off the ignition and leave the other car running while cables are hooked up to your car for about 15 mins, then try to start the car. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!