Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2004 titan I believe something is caught in my blend

Customer Question

I have a 2004 titan I believe something is caught in my blend air door the unit has made a ratcheting sound for years. It's getting worse and now it's time to fix it. I need directions on how to get the pen or something out of there
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
it sounds like the motor itself has failed. there may be nothing in the door unless you are sure that something went down the vent system. the motor has plastic gears that fail. it is a common failure for not changing from hot to cold and back. you can access it from under the dash. it is held in by a couple of screws and an electrical connector.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The cold to hot works fine is it the defroster. Door . and how do I get to it

ok, according to mitchel, it is one the drivers side of the heater case at the top of the heater case. they recommend removing the heater case assembly, which involves removal of the dash assembly, draining the ac and the cooling system and removing the heater case assembly. then all the motors will be exposed.
take a look and see if you can get to the motor first. work the system so it is making noise and see if you can feel it with your hands first. you may be able to sneak it out without taking out the unit.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The blend makes noise when shuttled from cold to hot. Where is the motor and how do I get to it

ok, so it is the blend door motor.
that is on the drivers side at the top of the case. it does not look like you can get at it with the dash intact.
can you reach it and feel it??
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need pictures and directions to get the dash and box apart

I dont have that info at the moment. my information system is down ]. I will put it back up on the list for another tech to give you the procedure.
Roy
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, I can help. Let me know if you still need assistance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need pictures and assistance to change a blend air motor

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Send am you something to look at
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Re list the question please

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
You could of made it ALOT easier for you to just accept the email exchange offer because i could have provided whole sections of the manual that are too large for this site. If you would prefer a few images from the manuals instead than here you go.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
k
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how you made out. If you need additional help let me know, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so they credit me for my time. thanks.