Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

Nissan hardbody: Where is the ignition condenser located on

Customer Question

Where is the ignition condenser located on a 1997 nissan hardbody? My coil burns out after about 20miles of driving
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello there's no condensor on these, as thats to suit the old points type distributorswhat I'd suggest is to check the state of the small earth wires that run out of the engine bay wiring loom and are fixed to the engine with ring terminals - these are the ECU earth connections and they must be securely tightened with no corrosion on the jointdo the same for the main earth connection between the chassis and the engine block and the battery terminal I'd also check the resistance of the plug and coil wires Check the resistance of the spark plug leads ( 13-15Kohm / metre) and replace if any doubt or high resistance - Also replace the spark plugs if any of them fail this checklist: http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqread.asp
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi
do you still need help with this?