Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Would brake lights staying on keep the truck from cranking

Customer Question

would brake lights staying on keep the truck from cranking
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! What model Nissan is your 2004? Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1998. I was having electrical problems before. I would be driving down the road and the car would die and would not crank. So, I switched vehicles and the truck sat for 2 years. I need the truck so I decided to see if I could get it running. I tried jumping it off, had it hooked up for 5 hours. It started cranking, but then stopped. Bought a new battery to see if that would help, but still no cranking. Noticed with the new battery the tail lights were on and would not go off. I checked the 80 amp battery fuse, but it looks ok.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do not have a volt meter. And looking at past messages, it's a 1998 Frontier.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
How about a test light? We need to find a way to see if the starter is getting voltage. Also is this a stick or automatic trans? Won't be online any more today. I will be online tomorrow evening.