Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Pathfinder: Hey man my steering wheel is locked, 93 pathfinder.

Customer Question

Hey man my steering wheel is locked, 93 pathfinder. Started the car but cant unlock the steering wheel
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
So the ignition turns freely but the wheel is still locked in place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm that's certainly odd.
The ignition switch mounts to the steering column with a couple sheer bolts. You can use a punch or chisel to remove them by tapping a notch Into them. Once you pull the ignition switch away from the column you will see a rectangle looking dowel sticking out that should recess when the ignition iS turned. If it does not then the column would remain locked.
If you didn't want to replace the ignition switch technically you could take that lock out of the assembly and just not had a steering lock anymore.
Let me know if you need anything else please.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to see how you made out?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how you made out. If you need additional help let me know, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so they credit me for my time. thanks.