Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Maxima: I replaced the curtain airbag on a 2013 maxima with

Customer Question

I replaced the curtain airbag on a 2013 maxima with a used airbag of the same model. I tried to erase the codes but it still comes back with a b1210 code. Do you think the used airbag could be the problem.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Are you replacing the curtain air bag cause it deployed? Why are you replacing the air bag? Please give me some history on the issue so I can help you. Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was deployed
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.. What other parts did you replace? Did you replace the Air Bag Control unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I replaced the unit as well as the belt and retractor and side impact sensor all from dealer
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If you replaced the curtain air bag and still have the code and it won't clear, the main control unit most likely was not replaced under the center console. See code description for your issue.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/5.jpg
Replacing the control unit should resolve your issue. The code is for a Deployment. It's not a curtain air bag code that would be Open or shorted. It's deployment code. All deployment codes are hard codes and can't be cleared. It's burnt into the control unit and requires the control unit to be replaced to resolve the code.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any more questions on this?