Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Cant get out of park

Customer Question

Cant get out of park
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! What year and Model Nissan is this? Also, can you let me know if the brake lights work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nissan Versa 2008.brake lights work
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Your issue is due to the Shift Lock Solenoid. This solenoid is part of the shifter. When the brake pedal is pressed it releases the lock for the shifter so it can be pulled out of park. In the mean time till you get around to replace the shifter, you can use the emergency release. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/shifter%20release.jpg Oh the top left corner, remove the cap and with a small screw driver, press down and you can then pull the shifter out of Park to drive it. Just keep that screw driver with you, cause if you put it back into park, you will need it again to release the shifter. The shifter assembly is around 3 to 400 dollars and about 2 hours to install. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!