Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2001 sentra gxe, cranks with no start,fuel pump relay checks

Customer Question

2001 sentra gxe, cranks with no start,fuel pump relay checks good, fuel pump checks good, voltage across fuel pump relay 3-4 points but no voltage inactivation circuit 1-2. ECM???
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Do you have any codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes from the reader. The reader said "no link". Replugged, tried starting then reading code still no link. I am considering buying used ecu online but it says mechanic needs to program to your car. Advice?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ahhh.. This was common on these older Sentra'a. 2000 to 2006. You have a Bad Ecm to start. They all had communication issues or false codes. You will need to replace the Ecm to start. After you replace the Ecm and regain communication then see if you have any codes. If you do, then you can return back here and I will help you. No programming is required for your Sentra when replacing the Ecm. Simply plug and play. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part unavailable in my city. I just left for Annual Training with National Guard. I am ordering a replacement but will not be able to install it until 1 August. I will be in touch. Thanks for help so far. We are not done yet☺
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
You got it. Thank you for your Services, and I will see you when you get back. Thanks Jay!