Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Maxima: Rick, I was looking regarding my 04 Nissan

Customer Question

Hi Rick, I was looking for info regarding my 04 Nissan Maxima because I've been having problems with it accelerating. First I was told that it was the Throttle body, then cam sensor, then crank sensor, then gas pedal. Now I'm being told I need a new computer.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Lets start from the beginning. I don't like to condemn a computer right away. What is it that is going on? You loose throttle response? What codes are you getting? Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jay, the car drives for the most part. However, there are times when I'm at a light and/or driving then when I press the gas to accelerate it doesn't drive/go. It feels as if the car is in neutral. The car remains on and still running but just will not move forward.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jay, I' not sure about any codes however it does say Service Engine soon.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If you have a Service Engine Soon light on, that means there are codes stored which can point to the fault. Do you know any one who has a code reader? Is the car drive-able? You mentioned you changed the Cam and Crank Sensors. Did you get all of these parts at your local auto parts store? Let me know..