Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Pathfinder: 2007 Nissan Pathfinder with a LC/ Solenoid Function

Customer Question

2007 Nissan Pathfinder with a LC/B Solenoid Function - Had the code read since the CEL was on
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Transmission will not shift out of 3rd gear.
was driving down hwy and it shifted into neutral all of a sudden
when setting for a while it is ok, then acts up again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vehicle has 122k miles
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! What is the exact code number please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P1779 I believe is what it was
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
P1779 is not good code. Do you mean maybe P1774?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P1774.We were going by memory it is the P1774.Joe
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
That code could be due to a bad TCM. Where the valve body would be replaced. A scanner is going to be required to do the proper checks to determine this. If not a TCM, it could be a internal transmission failure. Either way, it's going to require a Scanner first, if that is good, the a transmission pressure test is going to be required to determine the internal functions. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jay. I have a scanner and told you what it said. Lb/c solenoid function.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Bulletin number NTB10-003a, For the code P1774 you need to check the TCU power and Ground. If that is good, then you need to replace the valve body. If not power or no ground, then you would need to perform the proper steps to resolve that. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
internet is pointing to this issuehttp://www.nissanproblems.com/trends/coolant-leaks-destroy-transmission/
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
That is possible also. Normally you would have a rumble strip type of noise or vibration at around 40 mph before you have trans failure. I would check your fluid condition to see if it shows any mixed fluid. If not signs of mixture, then you will need to perform the TCM inspection. As for the Trans cooler failures, There is a warranty extension based on mileage if this is your issue. http://www.nissanassist.com/web/Radiator/index.php?menu=20 If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!