Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Rear hatch door will not open.

Customer Question

Rear hatch door will not open.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!What year Murano is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2009
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I have seen rear hatch actuators go. The hatch can be opened manually from the emergency release lever inside the hatch area. There is a small trim piece towards the center of the hatch from the inside. You pop that trim piece off to open the hatch. As for the actuator, that is what locks and unlocks the hatch. So what it sounds like to me is when you close it and lock it it locks but won't unlock. So the actuator will need to be changed if that is what is happening. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well I am puzzled. The door started working again. we think that the cause may have been when my husband was holding the open button at the same time I hit the unlock. at least I have read some reports of this on the web. I would have to say that the actuator is working fine. Hope this does not happen again. very aggravating!