peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

1995 300zx TT auto JDM stuck in limp home

Customer Question

I have just purchased a 1995 300zx TT auto JDM. I believe it to be in limp mode. It never changes gear and is very sluggish from a stand still. The O/D button, power, hold and kick-down have no effect. I don't appear to have an A/T Check light so can't perform the self diagnostic. I drove it home last week at 60mph at about 3.5k rpm

Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In some cases issues like this can be caused by an internal blockage in the catalytic converter itself.If you have not had an exhaust back pressure test done this needs done to see if the converter needs replaced.
Thanks Pete