Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years - master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Titan: I s there any recalls on 2006 nissan titan regarding

Customer Question

I s there any recalls on 2006 nissan titan regarding the leak that caused my axle to break and whole rear end to take a shit
axle seal i believe
and also,
The whole assembly I am told needs to be replaced the housing too is damaged, For a used on with 80,000 the place wants 3200 installed with 600 being labor
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
There are no recalls about the axle seal (that obviously got blown, leaked the fluid, and caused the damage).
The price on the parts and labor (especially with the low mileage it has) is good. But first make sure that you get some sort of warranty, at least to test the newly replaced axle and make sure it is operating smoothly, without noises and vibration.
I would also double check for the axle on car-part.com
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,How much are new ones installed roughly
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
The labor on a replacement rear axle (the whole axle) would be around six to seven hours.
Obviously each shop have different hourly rates but a 100$/hour is around average.
Regards,
Billy