Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 Nissan Armada, the rear door latch lock is not

Customer Question

2006 Nissan Armada, the rear door latch lock is not unlocking consistently. When I use the lock button on the driver door it unlocks every time but when I use the button on the key chain it only opens 1 in 5 tried. What would cause that and how do I fix
it? Thanks, Derek
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is gone but I still would like some help with it in case I get it back to work on.
Thanks
This is going to be a weak door lock actuator, the lock switch sends a longer pulse of power and ground, and the fob only sends a brief pulse. When the actuator is weak it will not move with minimal signal. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris