Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I35: I have a 2993 Infiniti I35. Error codes 1001 and 1002

Customer Question

I have a 2993 Infiniti I35. Error codes 1001 and 1002 show on a pocket scanner that i used. Any suggestions what would remedy this situation. My tcs/off, slip and engine service light is on and I can't get them turned off. The car also cuts off from time to time and is hard to restart.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the year is 2002 not 2993!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! You have a U1000 and U1001 code? is that correct?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Those codes indicate a communication issue or Control Unit failure. You will need to performed a System Call on all control units to see which ones respond and which ones does not. Then from that point you can determine if it's a control unit that has gone bad or a connection issue. Most cases when it's out of the blue, it's a control unit failure. If you replaced a Engine or something, it could be a connection.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!