Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Leaf: I do have problem with ESVE 29690 - 3NK0A charging adapter.

Customer Question

I do have problem with ESVE 29690 - 3NK0A charging adapter. When I used to charge car, before charge get completed, it shut down power after 50 minutes. I have switch off the power for another 45 minutes. When I switch on the power again it will charge only for 50 minutes. I have stand without sleeping whole night to charge the car. But I use another charger at my friends place, it didn't give a problem until charge is complet for 2 hrs and 30 minutes. What could be the reason. Even today, I couldn't go the office due the same. I have to charge my vehicle.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
If your LEAF is having charging issues like that you need to get it to the dealer where they have electric car certified technicians to diagnose the problem, there are a number of things that can cause the car to stop charging, one of them is while the car is charging it does an insulation test to make sure the high voltage isn't shorted somewhere and if the car fails that test it will shut down the charging cycle as a matter of safety, don't try and fix your self or keep trying to charge it get it to the dealer tow it if you have to they should have the equipment necessary to diagnose the problem and get it fixed, and it will probably be covered under warranty anyways
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Have you had a chance to get your car looked at yet?