Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Frontier: 2003 3.3 Supercharged 4wd 115xxx miles has low power,

Customer Question

2003 3.3 Supercharged 4wd 115xxx miles has low power, poor power curve when supercharger pushes, terrible gas mileage. Do I rebuild engrine, supercharger, or put another engine in it?
Will the 4.0 Frontier (2005) bolt up?
Can the 3.6 Infiniti engine bolt in?
Tom(###) ###-####
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
The 4.0 engine and the Infiniti engines won't bolt up plus the fuel injection and harnesses are different, your best bet is to rebuild the 3.3 and the supercharger or replace them with the same. I also have a 2002 supercharged Frontier and I really like it but the gas mileage has always been poor the best I ever got was 17 mpg when I was only doing free way driving. I also notice if the transmission is in the wrong gear the acceleration isn't great it seems at slower speeds it stays in second gear too long and lugs a bit but when its in the right gear it takes off great and can really climb the steep hills