Robert
Robert, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have just taken delivery of a Quasquai 1.5 dci. I find the

Customer Question

I have just taken delivery of a Quasquai 1.5 dci. I find the engine to be noisy, especially at idling. It has an intrusive knocking. Is this normal? Can it be reduced in any way?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
It is known for them to start up from cold to be a little more noisy then usual until it warms up..so i dont see an issue there ifthats what you refer too..if its knocking regardless of temperature then certainly ensure the oil level is correct - there is also a known issue regarding the intake air pipe section/ the section on the air intake pipe from front grill section to the air filter box coming loose and causing this similar noise to emit through from the engine bay..maybe worth at least getting that checked out