Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

1982 Nissan 280 zx turbo coupe that has electric windows that

Customer Question

1982 Nissan 280 zx turbo coupe that has electric windows that work part time .Heat seems to shut them down
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
You are probably right and heat can stop the electric motors from operating, the same is true of things like the starter motor, sometimes when the windows are not working you can give the door a smack while holding the switch and it will jar the motor into working. With a car of this age it may be difficult to find a replacement window motor it could be obsolete from Nissan I'm not sure if you can find replacement motors after market their not a real high moving item. ebay or wrecking yard may be the only way to find one