Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

1995 MaximaRuns fine most of the time, but sometimes will

Customer Question

1995 Maxima
Runs fine most of the time, but sometimes will start to run rough, dies at stop lights. Then runs with a hitch, jump, or miss. Stop the car for a few minutes and it runs fine again. The stalling at stop signs is a problem, when the problem occures the engine will run properly under hard accelleration. Never a problem cold starting.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One very common cause for the type of problem may be caused by a failing and or dirty MAF (mass air flow) sensor. I would start with giving it a good cleaning with some MAF cleaner and when doing so take a close look at the hose from it the throttle body to make sure its not cracked and leaking and has a good seal. After cleaning the MAF, disconnect the negative battery cable to reset the PCM (computer) and see if this will resolve the problem you are having.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome and thank you as well.