Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Altima hybrid: My hybrid warning light and engine light came

Customer Question

My hybrid warning light and engine light came on.the car stalled twice. Can you tell
What may be wrong?!is it safe to drive?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
If the Hybrid light came on, that means the Hybrid system has detected a fault, which is most likely why the Service Engine Soon light is on also. What also you may notice is that the hybrid system may not be working since the light is on. It's best to have it checked ASAP, but as long as the lights are not flashing and it's driving ok, then I would say it's ok to drive to where ever you want to take it to, so you can have it checked. The codes you may have are not something I could guess. You have about 50 or so Hybrid type codes, and over 100 Engine codes, where maybe 50 of them can correspond with the Hybrid system. So there is no way I can guess what faults you have.
The dealer would be the best for this issue.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!