Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Altima: 2010 altima coupe - went to start my car this morning

Customer Question

2010 altima coupe - went to start my car this morning and can't push the brake down to start the car. Any suggestions on what could be the problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Do you know if your Brake lights work? Also when you press the Start button, what did the car do exactly? Did the ignition come on and do nothing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I push the start button ...the lights, radio come on. I'm not sure of the break lights come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't even attempt to start.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
We need to see if the brake lights come on when you step on the brake. Cause if they don't, that is why it is not starting. The brake switch, which is down by the brake pedal, that is what detects that you are stepping on the brake, and sends the signal for the engine to turn over.
Please check for me to see if the brake lights work