Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

2.5 s: what will happen to my 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 driving

Customer Question

what will happen to my 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 driving for a long. Of time what they bad front Cadillac converter
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
Catalytic converters are part of the engines exhaust. Inside of the converter is a honeycomb designed element the exhaust gasses flow through during normal operation. On these particular engines the converter is mounted to the exhaust manifold and when they fail they start breaking up and parts of the converter are sucked up into the engine. Engine contamination from the converters catalyst material causes severe internal engine damage. Addressing catalytic converter problems in the early stages of failure is important to protect the engines integrity.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.