Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Hey jay I need the key code 2006 Nissan frontier.

Customer Question

hey jay I need the key code for the 2006 Nissan frontier. can you help???
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello, For a 2006, that has a BCM, so I need the 5 Digit Pin to decode. I don't need the vin for this year.
Let me know the 5 digit pin.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the scan tool says the pin option is not available for this model. is there somewhere else I can get the code
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
2005 and up have a 5 pin. You will have to look on the BCM to see if it has the pin on it. Other wise a scanner will need to be used. If yours can't do it, then another type will be required.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me where the bcm is located on this one
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Under the drivers side dash towards the center of the truck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have ZP00B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you decode this for me thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Give me a few mins please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok that pin decodes to 3339.
I actually was on my way home from work and pulled over and remoted into my work computer to decode that for you.
If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask.
If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do appreciate your service. from what I can tell it is second to none.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the code didn't work. ill try to upload the label from the bcm later to see if there is something im missing
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. take a picture of the Bcm label and I will see if the 5 digit pin is on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to church b back later to see what you find thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
There is no 5 digit pin on that image. Can you take another picture of the whole BCM ... I just want to make sure that you are taking the correct picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It may be Monday before I can get another pic. I'm pretty sure it is the bcm. It is the only module I seen under the drivers side dash towards the center of dash. It was black and looked like the one in the rogue. I had to remove 2 10mm bolts to get to the back side where the label was.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
That does sound like it could be it. But the 5 digit pin is not on that label, so it would need to be read with a scanner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to look into it. My scanner showed the pin for the 09 rogue earlier, but when I hit pin on the frontier it says this function not supported.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
ok.. Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Jay I'll be back at this vehicle monday. I'll call tech support and see why this tool won't give me the pin . I'll let you know something and rate you then. Thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Talk to you Monday and have a good weekend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey jay. I called tech support and spoke to an ex Nissan tech. he says when he worked at Nissan on the frontiers you had to use the vehicles vin to retrieve the pin. he says nissans tool won't even provide a pin for those models. can you check into this for me. thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
You use the Scanner to get the 5 digit code from the BCM. Then once you have the number, you enter your name and vin number into the Asist program to bring up the decoder program. You enter the 5 digit pin, and it decodes it to a 4 digit pin. Then you go back to the car and use the 4 digit pin to program the key.
That is how it's done! So you still need to get me the 5 digit Bcm Pin for me to decode it to a 4 digit pin.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you're telling me the only way to get the 5 digit code is with a scanner?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If the 5 digit pin is not on the the outside, then the only way is with a scanner to read the 5 digit pin
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Anything 2005 and up, has a 5 digit pin that needs to be decoded. 2013 and up some have a 20 pin now.
Thanks Jay!